Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hello, I'm Heidi. Nice to meet you!

Ever feel like it has been so long since you talked to someone that you needed to reintroduce yourself?

Yep. That's where I am at. I've hardly blogged since last June. It wasn't an intentional break, but a much needed one. Since then, I've been left with the question of whether or not I want to step back into blogging or not. For a variety of reasons, I've opted to keep it going for a bit longer.  So,

Hello, I'm Heidi.  Nice to meet you!


Now that we are reacquainted, you will see more posts happening here in the near future, both personal and product reviews.

In the meantime, what has happened since my blog break?  I often don't think much in my life is truly blog-worthy, but when taking a look at the last six months, there are a few worthy mentions:
  • I am now the mom of not one, but two teens. (Where has the time gone?)
  • I stepped down from my review position with a homeschooling magazine for a variety of reasons.
  • We will soon have a third official driver in the house! (Say prayers!)
  • I started writing a monthly column with Homeschool Mosaics.  If you haven't checked them out yet, you must.  There is something for everyone.
  • I've lost over 25 pounds!
  • One of my teens has started dating. (Oh my!)
  • My kids starred in a zombie short film this summer.  It was hilarious.
  • I have a new reviewer position with Eclectic Homeschool Online.
  • One of my kids vacationed with essentially strangers in Arizona for a week this summer. (Nerve-wracking and full of parental trust, but a good experience.)
  • I'm doing yet more reviews with the new Mosaics Review Team.
  • I am mom to a black belt.
  • Our family went on our first real vacation in over five years.
  • One of my teens and I attended our first college fair. (Again, where did the time go?)
 I've had a dabble of excitement, some new opportunities, and a whole new world of parenting challenges!

1 comment:

Julieanne said...

It's so nice to hear from you, Heidi! I've missed reading your posts and hearing your news and how your homeschooling is going. Glad to have you back here with us again! :)