Monday, April 18, 2011

Where are you spring?

I woke up this morning to let the dogs out, started to head down the stairs, and halted mid-step as I looked outside the window high in our foyer.  You’ve gotta be kidding…snow?

April snow in Michigan isn’t all the unusual, but I wasn’t expecting it nonetheless. I almost put away all our winter gear…almost.  There is a reason I usually wait until May before tucking away warmer items, and this is it. Even so, this morning still took me by surprise. Freshly fallen snow is always so pretty, unless it is in mid-April. It just looks bitter and dreary then.

I peered through the glass in our front door.  Bleh.

 April thunderstorms have been rolling in for weeks, the buds are starting to form on the trees, and daffodils are peeking out of the ground.  Last Sunday was 80 degrees! Spring was in the air…and I'm ready for it to stay.

Will the real spring please show itself? There is something just not right about an Easter egg hunt in the snow.

1 comment:

The Anything Place said...

Spring has dissapeared this year :o oh well pretty soon it will warm up. The weather is very unusual this year though