Thanks to Pebblecreek over at Petra School for giving me this award. I have to say, I was quite tickled. I wanted to make sure I posted it right away! The last time I received an award, I was extremely busy and didn't get to it in a timely manner. When I finally got around to it, the presenter had deleted their comment/award! I was de-awarded!
As a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger award, one must:
1) Add a link and note of thanks to the person giving the award
2) Pass the award on to the bloggers whose blogs you love (15 tops)
3) Share 7 things about yourself
Seven things about me...
1. I can't stand the sound of cotton being pulled apart. It is like nails down a chalkboard (which actually doesn't bother me one bit.) Weird, huh? Even stranger, it seems to be hereditary; my daughter can't stand to wear cotton sweaters for the same reason! She complains they are too noisy.
2. I used to be a skydiving instructor. This tidbit surprises many people when they find out. Though I'm not very athletic and not a camper, I spent a good portion of my weekends during my 20s sleeping in a hanger and jumping out of planes. My last jump was when my youngest was just a toddler. Family responsibilities called, though, and my husband and I decided to get out of the sport. I have approximately 435 jumps in my log book.
3. I did NOT want to be a homeschooler. I was a career woman. My "sacrifice" was to become a stay-at-home mom until my youngest was in kindergarten (and only after daycare for my oldest was not working out). Funny how God had other plans and turned it into a huge blessing. I started homeschooling 9 years ago and have yet to decide what I'm going to be when I "grow up".
4. I have no self control if chocolate is involved. No explanation needed.
5. I'm a wannabe knitter, but can't do much more than a knit and a pearl stitch. I'm too impatient (or perhaps, too busy) to really learn much more. Even so, I've done a few projects that were even gift worthy, to family members at least.
6. I was extremely shy as a kid. I was terrified to talk in front of groups or to anyone that I didn't know well. As an adult, some tell me that can't picture me being shy, but I still am!
7. I really hate being defined by what I am rather than who I am. Besides, the "whats" contradict each other anyhow and it will be a futile attempt to figure me out without getting to know me in the first place. :)
Now for my Beautiful Blogger recipients, in no particular order:
Denise @ Got Chai?
This lady is so funny and shares my love of chai! Check out her Fit Mommy Friday meme, which I desperately need to get back on track with.
Subadra @ Library of Book, Links, and More
I love her latest post on her kids' love of books. If you have ever punished your child by taking away books, you'll relate to what Subadra has to say about the topic. She is also the ultimate resource queen; you are bound to find some wonderful tools for your homeschool on her blog.
Kristie @ Saving Dollars and Sense
I've always been a frugal person, whether I needed to be or not. In this current economy, I definitely need to be and love the deals that Kristie finds.
Debra @ Footprints in the Butter
What I love about this lady, whom I "met" on the TOS Crew last year, is her openness and honesty. Her blog is "real" and personal. Check out her recent post where she calls out those supposed "encouragers". I've never met Debra in real life, but our kids have met each other this past spring at a Latin convention. It's a small world!
Debbie @ The Architect and the Artist
Check out Debbie's post on cardboard testimonies and watch the video. Our youth pastor recently did a sermon and had some of the high schoolers come on stage with their cardboard testimonies. It was very moving to see God how carried these young folks through life's struggles.
This multi-talented lady keeps the TOS Crew laughing. You never know what she might do when things get a bit slow. Make sure you check out her other blogs...she has four total...on lap and scrapbooking, homeschool reviews, and workboxes.
And, Heidi @ Reviews and Reflections
I'm not sure how this sweet lady does it all in the same number of hours as everyone else! Heidi is the captain of the TOS Crew and does a fabulous job. Heidi is also fascinated with Disney and has a Destination Disney meme for all you fellow Mickey lovers. She is one busy lady that is beautiful inside and out!
Make sure to give these Beautiful Bloggers a visit!