Denise over at Got Chai has started a new meme called Fit Mommy. I've decided to join in on the Beginner Level. From Got Chai:
Level One: The Beginner level. This is for those of you who are brand new to exercise or for those who are not already participating in a consistent fitness program. Your goal should include at least 1 mild form of exercise per day (walking, low impact cardio) as well as one nutritional goal; drinking 8 glasses of water per day, keeping a food journal, eating a small salad with dinner, no chocolate for the week (did I say that?), etc.A few confessions...
1. I've never participated in a meme. In fact, I didn't even know what they were until a month or two ago.
2. I hate exercising. When I originally saw the meme, I thought, "Yeah, right... " and ate a piece of chocolate.
3. My arms hurt the day after fencing for 5 minutes on the Wii with my son. Um, yeah...a little out of shape here.
4. I've gained quite a bit of weight since I stopped working out regularly 3 years ago. I was convinced it wasn't much because my clothes still fit. That is until I attempted to put on a skirt that I hadn't worn in a year or so and it stopped at my thighs. Hmm. I think perhaps my regular clothes were stretching with me.
5. I'm usually not the peer pressure kind of gal, but seeing others jump on the Fit Mommy bandwagon motivated me a bit. That, and Crazy Mom inspired me by posting about her 7-minute workout. I can do that! Oh, and Denise promised me that I wouldn't have to give up my Big Train Chai
Now for the hard part: setting those goals. In writing. Ok, here goes...
I'm going to shoot for a workout three times a week. I know I should do something every day, but baby steps! I recently purchased EA Active for the Wii and plan to use that. For the nutritional goal, I'll up my water intake. Aside from chai, I only drink water. I'm not sure I get enough during the day though, so I will keep an eye on that with a goal of 8 glasses per day. I'm not ready to give up the chocolate yet, so we'll shoot for the exercise and water.
I'll post here on Friday with an update. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...