Monday, January 23, 2012

Is There a Way to Stop Birthdays?

Oh how I wish there were!  Dd is 15 today. 15! One year from a driver's license and three years from being a legal adult.  How in the world did we get here so quickly?

Since she has an evening class tonight, we celebrated a little early with some family over the weekend.  As usual, Grandma made a fabulous cake.

Those that have been reading this blog for a while know that theater is a huge love!  This smile isn't acting though!

I really do love having a teenager in the house, but each year is a reminder of how close the next phase - adulthood - is creeping up. I'll save my panic for another post. Today, I'm just going to give my teenager a big birthday hug and celebrate the beautiful (both inside and out) young woman she's become. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: