Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do you socialize your children?

How many times have you been asked this question and how many times has the inquirer been intent on not listening to your answer?  I always crack up when people ask about socialization in the same breath of commenting how polite, pleasant, well-spoken, friendly, (insert other evidence of well-socialized children) my children are, yet continue to stick with their opinions regardless of what I answer or what they can view with their own eyes.

I think we've all experienced conversations like the one in the following video, haven't we?


2 comments:

Beverly said...

LOL. I love the robot voice "how do you socialize your chidren?" The best reply that I have ever heard was along the lines of "How is putting a child in a room with 30 other students of the same age, facing in the same direction for 8 hours a day considered socialization? Where else in society does that happen?"

Anonymous said...

This is utterly hilarious! Thanks for sharing!