Friday, February 19, 2010

Fit Mommy - Week 6

This is my weekly check-in for Fit Mommy, hosted by Denise over at Got Chai?


I probably should have mentioned last week that I was going on a Fit Mommy break this week.
Problem is:

I didn't know.

The Godiva was gone and all the Palmer Santas consumed. It was going to be a great week, right?

Then it arrived...Russell Stover.


My mom, bless her, still sends me a Valentine's Day package. There were some other non-edible trinkets in my package, but I had to show Mr. Russell Stover my appreciation of his contribution to chocolate lovers through consumption of said chocolate. Just for fun, you can read a bit more about the history of Russell Stover here.

And that kind of sums up how my week went. I didn't watch myself nutritionally and for the first time in five weeks I didn't exercise AT ALL. Not one Wii workout or walk around the neighborhood.

I'm not sure what my problem has been this week. I'm just in a funk, I guess. The goal for next week is to snap out of it.

With that, I'm going to leave you with the Top Ten Things I Already Knew this week, since I didn't really learn anything new, being on vacation and all.

10. My mom loves me!
9. My mom loves me enough to not recognize I could stand to drop 20 pounds.
8. I am a chocoholic.
7. Falling off the fitness wagon is easy.
6. Falling off the fitness wagon with chocolate in your hand is even easier.
5. I have no self-control.
4. Sleeping in is much more attractive than an early workout with a virtual trainer.
3. Working out regularly is hard!
2. This won't be the last time I fall off the fitness wagon.
1. Falling off the wagon is ok, as long as you crawl back on (next week, I promise!)




3 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

I am noticing a definite chocolate theme with some of our "off weeks." I know that chocolate has definitely tripped me up a few times from my nutrition goals. I am sure you will have a better week next week! :)

Mrs. White said...

You check-ins are always so funny!!!

Hey, at least "somebody" gets to eat chocolate around here!

Can't wait to hear how well you do next week!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

author said...

Off the fitness wagon or not, your posts are always so much fun! :) I was wondering how Valentine's day would work for us Fit Mommies. Honestly, if my Mom had brought me a box of Russell Stover, I would've had to show my appreciation as well! LOL For the first time in years though, she didn't. (Surprise, surprise!)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great next week. Some mornings I literally have to force myself to workout, so believe me---I understand fully. :/